1. You can't play chess without the basics. A standard chess set is a great way to get started learning the game. But standard doesn't have to mean boring - standard chess sets still come in a variety of styles and materials.
2. Travel chess sets make taking your game on the road easy. A travel chess set is guaranteed to come in handy whether you're looking for a much-needed moment during a long car trip, trying to stay sane during an airport layover, or are just relaxing in the park on a warm spring day.
3. Magnetic chess sets make it easy to keep track of your pieces. With the pieces magnetized to the board, you don't have to worry about shifting during the game. You can even move a game-in-progress from place to place easily.
4. You won't have to worry about losing or misplacing your chess pieces if you pick a chess set with a folding game board. Chess pieces can be stored in felt-lined molds within the chessboard when it's not being used.
5. You can make a long-term investment in a high-quality chess set, which may actually increase in value. Before making an investment, consider the materials used for the chess set, king height, and weight of the chess pieces.
6. Chess sets come in variety of materials, so choose whatever you find most appealing. We offer a variety of designs and materials, including glass, leather, metal, wooden chess sets, and more. You can also choose a themed chess set to match your unique interests.
7. Many chess sets are so detailed and intricate that they become decoration as well as a stimulating game. Hand-carved wood chess sets and polished marble chess sets can make beautiful display pieces on a shelf or end table when not in use and instant legitimacy to the decor of any room.
8. If you're considering buying a marble chess set, keep in mind that there is a difference between marble and marble resin. Marble resin, which consists of a synthetic poly-resin and marble, is great because it looks nearly identical to carved marble and is extremely durable.
9. You'll never have to worry about finding a partner to play with again if you purchase a chess computer. Chess computers can be played by either one or two players, and are popular and effective teaching tools for someone just learning to play chess.